Wednesday 11 November 2009

French Polish with Acrylic Paint

Hey There!

If you have read my post on
Tutorial Broken Acrylic Nail

You would know that I wasn't happy with how my EzFlow Silver Screen French smile lines looked & I will fix them the next time I do a re-fill.
 Well I am impatient!
 I ready love the way a new set of acrylic nails look & I don't have to go & pay a nail tech to do my nails for me.
I want to re-fill them but they aren't ready to do just yet & knowing me I would start to re-fill them & go Aww stuff it! take them all off & do a new set.

Anyways...
I resisted the urge to take them all off because I know you will want to see a tutorial on how I re-fill them with Dual System Nail Forms.

So I decided to paint the smile lines in....Oh How Boring a french polish!
Don't worry it bores me more than it does you.
I wanted something a little different So I went searching in my boxes of "Hmmm where did I put that!" stuff when I found 5 tubes of Jo Sonja's iridescent paints in my box of polymer/fimo clay bits & pieces.
Yippee.....Jackpot!


Now you may know my nail polish collection is a little dull so finding these little guys will totally open up my imagination & change how I do nail art. I've seen nail tech's do art with acrylic paint but I've never really tried it myself. I chose the iridescent turquoise .... I have a strange liking to greeny blue coloured nail polish & think it's because people notice & comment on green nail polish (no matter what shade of green it is) before they notice/comment on a pink nail polish.




Jo Sonja's velvet matte finish artist's colours covered my not so perfect smile lines better than I thought they would & I love the effect.


 The pic has made them appear a pinky/red colour, I used a flash so maybe that's why. I didn't want to mess with them in photoshop or I would get carried away & then they wouldn't look right.



A coating of top coat ( which I was really worried about because I didn't know how the top coat would react with the acrylic paint) & they are all done.
They really do look alot more greener than this.

What do you think?
I love it!

Thanks for reading.
Bye for now.