Wednesday 23 December 2009

Acrylic toe nails

Hey there!
It's been a couple of weeks since my last post...... sorry! It really does seem like the month of December goes fast, with Christmas shopping and all the other things that go along with it. I really like to make christmas pressies to give to people so I have been learning how to do crochet amigurumi. Amigurumi is the japanese art of crocheting small animals and toys, not those frilly lacey doilies that grannies make. There are heaps and heaps of free patterns on the internet where you can learn how to do it and I have been practising every spare moment I can get so that my friends and family will get really cool cute gifts this year. When I'm finished making all the pressies I will post some photos for you all to see.

Anyways.... Beauty therapy stuff for this post is a ten year old girls fingernails painted with the colours mermaid from artistry and swoosh from nocti.

Her favorite colours are blue and green so we started with a basecoat of white nail polish, then painted the nails blue green alternating and finished them with topcoat to keep them shiny. Tip: Use a white basecoat to make light colours brighter, this trick works really well with neon, fluros and jelly polishes.


Permanent nail polish that grows out. We have used dual system nail forms on the nails so that the coating of coloured acrylic will be even over the entire nail plate and really shiny. They will last about 4 weeks before they need to be refilled, sometimes even longer because every ones toenails grow at different rates. I did have a little bit of trouble (only because I can be a little impatient) when I was applying these, the acrylic took a long time to set and was very flexible. It's a bit of a shame the pic doesn't show how green these nails came out they are very close to neon green and look amazing!

Thank you to my beautiful clients for letting me post photos of them & sharing their treatments with everyone, I really appreciate your kindness.

Merry Christmas to everyone & a fantastic New Year!
Bye for Now!