Tuesday 1 December 2009

The Christian Louboutin Manicure

Hey there!

 I saw this awhile back on a forum, it's called the Louboutin manicure. I know alot of you have seen it before but I still wanted to share this with you. I love the effect so much, that now I paint my nails with one colour & then use another colour underneath the nail. I have been know to have a very traditional white french on the surface of my nails & a bright hot pink on the underneath. For now his is the closest I will get to owning a pair of gorgeous Christian Louboutin Shoes but at least my nails look amazing.



My nails are already painted & I didn't want to take the polish off to show you how I did it, so for the sake of a tutorial I used my practice finger & a tip. Paint your nails with a base coat so that coloured polishes in the future won't stain your nails & a base coat will make coloured polish last longer.


I have used a very glossy black nail polish, this one I bought from a chemist for $2, I had only just noticed that it's Australian made. I wish I could find the supplier because you can almost get away with one coat. I have done two coats.





Paint underneath the nails with a red nail polish, this can be a little messy to do but don't worry the polish comes off your skin if you use a little but of cuticle oil when your nails are dry.  I have done two coats of a nocti colur called ketchup, I bought this one 7 years ago while working in a beauty salon.


China Glaze make a duo of nail polish called the Lubu manicure if you would like to get the authentic colours.  I have read that for a short time, some of Christian Louboutin shoes were available with baby blue soles. For the tradition of "something blue" for bride-to-be, they were only available by special order, & due to trademark issues production was stopped. Wouldn't you love to own a pair of those???
Now I know what colour my next Lubu manicure will be!



Make sure to cap the free edge with the black polish. I have found you get a cleaner finish if you do this after painting the red underneath. Finish your nails with a top coat.
Another tip..... when you have finished & your polish is completely dry, buff your nails very lightly with a sponge buffer or block buffer & paint on another coat of top coat. This gets rid of any imperfections on the surface of the nail & makes them super glossy. You could forget about the second coat of top coat & just leave them matte, That looks pretty cool to.


All done!!!
Ok, so you've had your nails painted for a couple of days now & they are looking a little tired & not as shiny & new as they did when you first painted them, and you really can't be bothered or don't have the time to take the polish off & paint them all over again. Give them a light buff & coat of top coat.... Ta Da! beautiful nails again.
Hope you enjoyed this.

Bye for now!